Shall We Try This Again?


Hello readers - we are now in our second year of this pandemic, and the worries continue. The bad vibes, the stress, the world on edge. 

I took a  big break from writing, mostly because politically - there wasn't much more I could say that I hadn't said already. I had made all the warnings I could about picking a populist wanna-be dictator over an un-popular establishment bureaucrat. I had already talked about how we'd be in survival mode for at least 4+ years, and there we were. We are just coming out of that nightmare...but the woken world seems to not be so different. 

Being in survival mode meant working very hard, getting into the grove of my transitioning careers, supporting my partner's ever more demanding career, and trying to provide a level of stability for my kids as they maneuvered through this hellscape that is America, circa 2020. 

That might have been a mistake. So many voices went quiet during that time, and that meant that so many other voices - some of them the wrong ones for people like us - got louder. 

This pandemic made that very clear. So I started to write, albeit the lazy way - on social media, etc, again, to provide a strong alternative to the over-confident but wrong information that was scaring our folks into not doing what they needed to do to keep themselves and their loved ones safe.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to go on record, or that I had the time to really make this yet another thing on my plate. 

And now here we are - looking at the light at the end of the tunnel, and realizing it may just be a train.  

So I think I may just get back to some writing again. If only to provide something to talk about.  I'll do more lighter things like reviews and dad advice, and I think now I'll ask some folks to join me - maybe as a point/counterpoint or even a podcast. And maybe I'll go on record about some stuff - maybe. 

I partly stopped because I realized it was next to impossible to get paid well on blogs anymore - and time was money. But passion is a passion, and if you do something with passion, one has to believe that somehow, the money will follow.  But honestly, I'm just hoping that folks will connect to the work and that it'll resonate in some minds, and strengthen some spines to know they are not alone. 

So, let's try this again.  Sorry I took so long.

Best, 

Me. 

Comments

Popular Posts